Pages

Sunday 9 June 2013

Party Wear

The children have just left to go to a party on the beach and oh my god, their dresses were "grown up" to put it nicely. They were really nice... but more appropriate for an 18 year old going clubbing. Super short, halterneck and seriously low cut. Maybe I'm just being a bit prudish or maybe English styles are different but it's not what I would choose to put children in. But hey, it's not my place to judge.

Is it normal for children to cry a million times a day? This morning it was because the little one had bubble gum and the older one couldn't have any because she has a brace. Stomp stomp, shout shout. I'm sure there wasn't this much drama in my house when me and my brothers were younger.

It is now officially less than 6 weeks until I go home. 40 days. Can I do it? I flip between being like this is easyyy to thinking I want to go home tomorrow. But I actually cant, even if I wanted to because my brother is using my room at home while I'm away so I have to stay. The countdown timer on my phone is ticking away nicely. Slowly... but it's going down. I keep looking at planes and thinking how excited I'll be when it's finally my time to go hooooome. I think if I had more of a social like I wouldn't miss it so much, but because my life here revolves around walking around aimlessly and looking after children it makes me miss my social life at home.

I should be enjoying this. Hardly any responsibilities and loads of time to sit in the sun. I do like it, but it gets a bit lonely. Where are all the other au pairs? People here are LOADED, surely there must be more people with au pairs?!

Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment