Pages

Sunday 2 June 2013

Yesterday

Yesterday was probably the best day I've had so far. I got up, chilled for a bit and then we took the girls to paint flowers to put on the gates of the city hall for the Corpus Christi fesival. That bit was a bit boring, I kept watching all these children bumbling around with paint brushes and all I could think was I'm wearing a white dress.. they better not come near me. I escaped unpainted and we went to the beach. The family I work for are members of the nautical club so I can use the changing rooms, showers, bar etc right on the beach. To be honest, I'd be pretty happy just roughing it and using the normal beach but I can't complain. So we had a couple of hours on the beach, most of the time I spent sunbathing but then went in the sea for a bit with the older girl. We came home and had a late lunch, shower and a nap and then went out to watch this weird parade with some giants. Never seen anything like it and I actually thought it was pretty creepy :/ but the children enjoyed it. We hung around on the street for aaages with the family and some of their friends, before going to a Southern California style restaurant. The menu was written in English and I liked the fact I could be independent in choosing my food. It gets a bit tiring having to have everything explained to me all the time. The meal went on for aaages and the children were all running round and being loud. I know kids do that, but I'm sure I was never quite that bad when I was little. We walked around the town a bit after. By this point I was SO tired and ready for bed but followed them round like a sheep for a bit. Literally crawled into bed when I got home and slept until 9.30 this morning (apart from waking up when the kids got up to go and put flowers on the street. This family is insanely loud).

No one was in when I woke up so I just had breakfast and went for a walk to see the flowers. I thought I'd see the family while I was out but didn't. I never really know what I'm supposed to do. Are my weekends free? Do they think I'm lazy when I don't get involved in stuff? I wish they had given me more information about what I actually have to do. I really don't feel like I DO anything. I just kind of follow them round occasionally speaking a bit of English. The only think I do that feels like I'm doing something is picking the girls up for lunch, dropping them back at school and the two evenings a week that I take the older girl out on my own. Is that enough? They pay me a decent about and really I only work about 8 hours a week...

I'm enjoying it here and hopefully meeting up with 2 other au pairs this afternoon. That didn't stop me from installing a countdown app on my phone. 47 days, 21 hours, 16 minutes and 8 seconds. 6 weeks and 6 days. I can do this!

Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment