Pages

Monday 25 March 2013

Back Again

Yep, I'm back again. Maybe it's something to do with being home alone and only having cats for company, but I was quite looking forward to another post. Sad? Maybe.

It's 10.30am and I'm already contemplating a nap. I was up at half 8 though which is early for me.

I guess I should do a bit more of an introduction. I read last nights post and realised that it didn't tell you much about me. I'm 22 and a journalism student (last thing I want to do as a career...) I had a gap year and did nothing exciting with it, I'm a year older than most other people in my classes. People said a year doesn't make much of a difference, but I think it does. My closest friends at uni are all my age. Nothing wrong with the ones a year younger, I just feel like they're a bit different to me. Maybe it's more to do with life experience. After working full time and being pretty independent in my gap year I feel like I'm a bit more mature sometimes. I think that I'm shy, but then I'm more capable of going into scary situations than a lot of my "confident" friends. I went to Eastern Europe on my own when I was 20, traveled by myself and everything. No chance of some of my friends doing that. I can't strut into a room full of people and be like "HEEEEY" like some people though.

I'm tall (not giant tall, but tall), a bit on the chubby side (I WILL have a beach body by the time I go to Spain!) but I'm pretty happy with myself. I'm just bored of being stuck in education and excited about freedom. Only a few weeks left till I will be out of education. FOREVER. Unless I go back to do a PGCE or something, but we won't talk about that now.

I wish I could say I had a list of hobbies but I don't. I spent my childhood at the stables horse riding pretty much 24/7. Sold my horse before uni and since then hobbies have been non-existent. Unless you count partying and being hungover as a hobby. I wish I loved running, I really do. I try. Right now I'm so motivated to go for a jog but the pavements are like an ice rink so there is no chance I'm stepping outside today.

I imagine myself strolling down a Spanish beach. Hair wavy, tanned skin, toned body, with a hair braid and an anklet. Maybe it will happen. Maybe it won't. More likely to snag my Spanish husband if it does happen though. Wishful thinking perhaps.

I'm eagerly awaiting loan day so I can go shopping for lovely summer dresses and bikinis (must stop eating chocolate) but for now I'm stuck browsing the internet and buying second hand from Ebay. Woo. I have a job as well but I seem to manage to spend all my money in super fast time with nothing to show for it. I buy food a lot. Maybe that's where I'm going wrong with the beach body thing, but I usually have healthy stuff. Fish is super expensive so I'm going to blame my love of it for my lack of money.

My afternoon will be spent painting my nails and moisturising. How exciting is life. Going to attempt another 1000 words of dissertation this evening too. I will finish it. I hope...

I will sign off as my European friends do with a single word...

Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment