Pages

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Countdown to Summer

I've got less than 7 weeks until I finish uni forever! I can't believe how fast it's gone, it only feels like a few weeks ago that my mum and dad packed me and all my things into the back of the car and delivered me to halls. I loved those first few weeks. Meeting so many new people, going new places and trying new things. The best thing was that everyone was in the same boat so no one was "the new girl" or anything, everyone was new.

Nearly 3 years later and I'm counting down the days till I'm free. Don't get me wrong, I've loved most of being at uni, but there are some things I wont miss. Noisy housemates and neighbors, a cold house, no money and deadlines. I'm just excited for the next step now and to be out of education.

I got past the 9000 word point of my dissertation today. The end is in sight! I'm worried that my tutor is going to tell me it's all wrong though. I tried to arrange a meeting with them before the Easter holidays but it's clear that dissertations are at the bottom of his list of priorities. It was optional and he definitely tried to discourage people from doing it. Ah well, three weeks till the deadline, even if it's rubbish there's nothing I can do after that!

I've decided on a family to work with this summer. I went with the one near Barcelona, they live in a lovely town by the coast, the woman sounds lovely and they are looking more for help with the children's English than child care which suits me well. I've just got to wait till loan day (last one ever!) so that I can book my flights. I should really be working in England this summer to pay off my overdraft but hey, life's too short and I want some sun!

I can't wait for some sun and to experience something new. I'm scared though. What if they are the family from hell? What if I hate the place? What if I get bored? I'm just hoopinggg that they are all they seem. I want to be lying on a beach, bikini on (with my amazing beach body that I *will* have... I hope) and listening to some music while I watch the waves crash. Ahhh. Soon.

Better get cracking on some Spanish practice as well. I hope the family doesn't think I can speak it, because I really can't. Donde este la playa? That's about all I can manage right now. 3 years of Spanish lessons at school were clearly wasted on me. I'm hoping things will come back to me when I get into it.

Time to get cracking with the dissertation again. I'm seeing friends and going out tomorrow night so won't get much done over the next couple of days. CAN NOT WAIT to go out. So excited. Planning on starting early and making the most of having the house to myself at the moment. Hello cocktails and loud music! (Sorry Mummy, hope the neighbors don't get too angry!)

On a side note, I'm craving sugar so bad! I've had 2 meals today and I'm trying to be healthy but I WANT CHOCOLATE. Good job there's none in the house and I'm too lazy to walk to the shop.

Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment