Pages

Thursday 9 May 2013

So close but so far

I'm so close to finishing my uni work. SO CLOSE. But finishing things off is harder than I thought it would be. It's more that I can't find the motivation to do it (no change there then..) which is stupid. The motivation should be finishing uni. Really, I could have my work finished and submitted tonight. Then that would be it. No more uni. But I just can't make myself do it. And I find it hard to know when I'm finished, I could keep editing more and more until I run out of time. I have an essay to edit, a curation piece to finish, my portfolio to finalise and then I'm done. Not a lot at all. But right now all I can think about is going to buy milkybar buttons from the shop. But I won't. I managed to pretty much inhale a big bar of dairy milk the other night and I can't let it happen again.

I've pretty much waved goodbye to my beach body. My willpower is 0. Looks like I'll be spending my summer in some kind of old lady kaftan, hiding in the shadows on the beach. I had such good intentions. How will I find Jose or Pablo (my Spanish husband-to-be)  if I look like a beached whale. Ok I'm not quite at whale point, but I'm not ready to strut down the beach like some kind of movie star. I'm thinking about getting a spray tan before I go. But then the depressing thing is I will probably leave England more tanned than I will be when I come home after 8 weeks in the sun.

8 weeks. I'm starting to feel like that's quite a long time. I've been away for 5 weeks before but even when I'm at uni I go home every three or four weeks for a few days. I guess I need to get used to it though, when I leave in September I won't be home again till Christmas and after that, it will probably be Easter or the summer. Hopefully I'll be having too much fun to notice.

Grumpy grumpy. I'm going to sit and try and do some work now. I'm so sleepy. I've been at work today and walked home in the rain and got wet feet. All I want to do is eat chocolate and watch some rubbish TV.

5 days to go...

Kisses

p.s. I got my hair cut. It wasn't too much of a disaster. I quite like it actually. If anything I'd have liked it a bit shorter but I couldn't bring myself to ask them..

No comments:

Post a Comment