Pages

Tuesday 2 April 2013

I've had a busy week (for me) and neglected my blog. Not that any one care ha, but I want to try and keep it up to date, even if it is only ever me that reads it!

So last week was a blur of essay writing and gin mojitos (not a good idea if you have a family meal to go to the next day and don't want to be throwing up until 20 minutes before you have to leave...) but I had fun. Caught up with some old friends and had a good (if slightly embarrassing) night out. Then the weekend passed in a haze of chocolate eating (Easter egg went all in one go, oops) and wine drinking, ending in another night out which I left at 1am. I'm not hardcore enough for late night any more!

My little brother moved down south today. A long way, 7 hours driving to be precise. I was a good sister and made "brunch" for him before he left. Even gave him a hug, and I am not a hugger. I'm not a big fan of touching people at all actually, bit weird I know. My mum got a bit teary eyed last night about her babies "flying the nest". Not sure why though, I moved to uni nearly 3 years ago, older brother hasn't lived at home for 7 years and little bro moved out 6 months ago... but hey, nice to know she cares, right? I probably won't see little bro until August now. I didn't see loads of him before, but we used to have pizza nights quite often and I'll miss that.

I was sat thinking the other day and it hit me how much I have to do in the next 6 or so weeks. On top of all my uni work I have to move out of my uni house, get everything ready for going to Spain and pack up my room at home because we're moving while I'm away. It doesn't sound a lot now it's written down but if you saw my rooms you would know why I am worried. After I've written this I'm going to start sorting a few bits. HOW DO I HAVE SO MUCH STUFF?! After moving house 10 times (not including uni houses) you'd think I'd have got rid of all the rubbish I cart around with me. But no. It's all there hiding under my bed and in cupboards.

I hit 10,000 words on my dissertation today. Woo. Now there isn't much I can do till I see my supervisor. Hoping I only have about 1000 left to do till I'm done! 2 and a bit weeks till the deadline so I'm feeling good. Need to get on with all the other work I have to do now though. Just read through the questions for one of my assignments. We have to pick one of 6. Easy I thought, surely there would be one I knew how to do? Nope. Not a clue. My own fault for missing so many classes. Is it bad that I don't really care any more? Just want to finish.

I can now say I GO TO SPAIN NEXT MONTH. Yay! That's as long as the family don't suddenly cancel or something, which knowing my luck, probably could happen. Loan day on Monday so I'll be booking flights. EXCITED.

I'm off to empty some boxes and sift through all the crap I've carried around with me since I was about 10. Wish me luck.

Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment