Pages

Thursday 4 April 2013

I can speak Spanish (not)

So it turns out the people I am going to work for in Spain think I can speak Spanish. I can't. I did a couple of years of it in school but barely remember any. SPANISH PANIC. I've given up on uni work and started trying to re learn some of the language. I'm using a site called duolingo which is actually pretty good to say it's free. It does have some odd sentences though like "the duck drinks milk". Do they?

I really need a bit of panic to set in about finishing uni so soon. I just don't care. I'll get my work done but I just can't be bothered to do it that well. My mum's friend spoke to me the other day and said she uses me as an example for her children about how not to get stressed about uni work. She said she thinks I'm very intelligent (thanks) but that I only push myself to about 30% of my ability. Compliment or insult? It's true though. I feel like I cruise through life doing the minimum I need to to do okay. Where is my motivation?!

I met up with an old friend yesterday. She said she thinks I'm going to go to Spain, fall in love with the country and a Spanish man and never come home. I reckon I will come back but if a Spanish man wants to fall in love with me then he can feel free! My plan at the moment is to do my au-pairing, come back for a few weeks, go and work in the school for a year and then bum around in Spain or somewhere exciting till I'm 25 and then I have to come home and actually start real life. What "real life" is, I'm not quite sure yet. So I have 2 and a half years to have fun.

I had this horrible thought yesterday while I was in the bath. What if I end up pregnant in the next few months, can't go to Spain, have to live at home with my mum and her man friend bringing up a screaming baby for the next 20 years? (Mother, if you are reading this, I'm not pregnant and I don't plan to be for a very long time, it was just a thought). That would probably be my worst nightmare right now. Obviously I like children, but only if they belong to someone else. I like to play and then give them back. I want a husband, car, house and job before I even think about popping out a sprog. Definitely one day though. Just one day very far away.

So I've realised, my blog so far has been a long ramble about nothing in particular. I promise to you (if anyone is actually reading this...) that when I finally get to Spain it will be more interesting and I'll be telling you all about the amazing fun I'm having and posting pictures of the sun. Or I could be telling you about the evil family who have tricked me into working from them and I'll be writing my blog from the cupboard that they make me sleep in. I'm hoping it will be the former.

I better get on with some work. It's on the public sphere. What even is that? No idea.

Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment