Pages

Wednesday 15 May 2013

It's over

Uni is officially over. I'm not sure how to feel about it really. I thought I'd be really happy and excited but I'm actually quite sad about it. I went out last night with my work friends, one of my housemates and her friend. We went for food (I had a chicken burger. I haven't eaten meat since January) then some cocktails and on to this bar which is like our usual Tuesday night place. It was nice. I saw a couple of other course friends and almost got emotional saying goodbye (I never cry, so this is a big thing for me!). I've spent the last 3 years with these people and realistically, I won't ever see a lot of them again. Student life is over. I can't bum around getting student loans, staying in bed all day, having crazy nights out and panic write essays any more. I have to be responsible and go and look after children in Spain and then at some point get a "proper" job.

I've loved uni life. As much as I've complained about things, I have really loved it. First year, living in halls with crazy people, having flat parties, sleepovers in the living room, really random nights out.. One night we just stayed in and played ring of fire and I ended up with a can of beer poured over my head, ate a whole bag of cheesy Doritos and had to listen to this weird guys creepy baby laugh ringtone. I loved nights out where we ended up somewhere totally random like a girls flat where we let her kitten out and we were running round trying to catch it, drinking champagne, cruising round the city in a girl I'd never met's car and my housemate being sick in her hand. One night we all went out and me and one of my housemates got separated from the others, stalked a stranger and followed him into a 24 hour gym, spoke to some freshers for aaages, I "borrowed" someones crutches and then climbed up a cherry picker/crane. We've had nights where we're driven to the 24 hour krispy kreme shop 20 minutes up the motorway, midnight trips to Asda for hair dye and stayed up eating spaghetti hoops at 4am before an exam the next day. I got a job in second year and met some people I know will be friends for life. We got drunk before work and had to serve sweaty moshers until the early hours of the morning, got so drunk at the work Christmas party and left the club, queued for an hour for a taxi by myself and contemplated being sick in my Santa hat. I went for a night out where I work that ended in me getting so drunk, making a fool of myself in front of all the people I work with and left in tears, walked all the way home at 4am and fell out with my friend from work. I've had to run out of a lecture, after making everyone in the row of seats move to let me out because I've been so hungover and had to run off in the middle of serving a customer to be sick. I am a classy girl.

I'm moving out of my house tomorrow and that's it. No more uni. I can't believe how fast it's come round. Now that it's over I'm already wishing I'd done more with my time. It's been the best 3 years of my life though.

York yesterday was a lot of fun. I met up with my best friend who I've known since I was 4. When we're together we revert back to being children and it's so much fun. She gave me my birthday/going away present and I opened it when I got home and it was a box full of loads of little things like some jewellery, hair stuff, make up, snacks, a little journal and a card. I almost cried a bit. And like I said before, I never cry. Emotional day! I got my converse too so it was a good day all round.

I'm still in bed now. I should get up and finish packing and go and buy some food. But I'm so comfy and it's my last day in a student house so I'm making the most of it!

Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment